Sunday, February 3, 2008

1979

Got to be in LA this Friday to celebrate the release of Estevan Oriol's book 1979! The book, a colabo between Adidas and UNDFTD, will be released with the Adidas Top Ten Shoe .
The event, held in downtown LA, was stunning. Estevan's Photos were printed large scale on banner type material. I've never seen photos exhibited quite this way so it was really awesome to check them out in person.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Mr. Oriol was in the house that night signing and taking photos with his fans. If you know me, you know that he is my favorite photographer, hands down. When i got a chance to work with his last year for a little while, everyday that i came to his studio i would pinch myself, I couldn't believe that i was there. I felt like i won the lottery or something! ha
On Friday, i felt that same giddiness again when i stood in line to get an autographed poster from Estevan and he wrote this
Photobucket
SHUT UP! i was on cloud nine.

If you're in the LA area, you gotta chek out the show. Might change your life.

3 comments:

WHOOLIGAN OF THE SOLE VIBE/40LOVE www.myspace.com/youngwho said...

i got to hold that poster! hahaaha

Nina Parks said...

Love it! Wish I was there. You got some amazing captures of the show yourself. We should do a photo show
together as soon as I get it together LOL.

BAMBU said...

luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckyyyyyyyyyy!!!