Friday, February 29, 2008

Annie Leibovitz

If Estevan Oriol is the king of photography then Annie Leibovitz is the Queen. I was lucky enough to go to her press preview today at the Legion of Honor in San Francisco to view photographs from her most recent book "A Photographes Life."
IT WAS INCREDIBLE!
Annie took the "press" on a private tour of the collection and talked about her shoots with people such as P.Diddy, Kate Moss, Cindy Sherman and her experience photogarphing president Bush and his homies. It was really inspiring to be around this woman and her beautiful body of work.

If you're in the bay area, its a must to check out her show.
Click HERE for the 411

annie_MG_9931

annie_MG_9972

annie_MG_9957

annie_MG_9958

2 comments:

Matthew Reamer said...

I'd say that if Estevan is the king, then Annie is more like a god. Not to hate, but she is the OG RS photog and the only one of us who might be a household name. I missed this show when I was in NY and am so glad it's here. I'll certainly be checking it out real soon.

Nina Parks said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Why didn't you tell me.. Why didn't I already hear about this dang it. How Fucken dope. I'll check out the exhibit fo sho!~